Ponniyin Selvan 2 is running in worldwide theatre and has grossed a good amount. Read this article to know more about the movie.
Ponniyin Selvan 2, directed by Mani Ratnam, has grossed over ₹300 crore worldwide. The movie is running in the theatres of many countries and has gained popularity. The figure was published by the production banner Lyca Production on Twitter.
- The production house released a digital poster stating ‘300+ cr worldwide gross in cinemas worldwide’.
- They captioned the post stating that the movie is conquering the box office worldwide continuously with a 300+ crore collection.
About the movie Ponniyin Selvan 2:
The movie is a cinematic adaptation of the Tamil novel series released in the 1950s. The Tamil novel series of the same name was written by Kalki Krishnamurthy.
- The movie is the sequel of the box office hit Ponniyin Selvan released in the year 2022. It was also directed by Mani Ratnam.
- Ponniyin Selvan 2 is released with Hindi and Telugu dub versions as well. The movie is going well in comparison to the former part of the movie series.
- The cast included actors Aishwarya Rai, Vikram, Trisha, Karthik, and Jayam Ravi.
- It is the third project in which Vikram and Aishwarya Rai have worked together. One of the most critically acclaimed works of these two was in 2010, in the film Raavan.
Aishwarya Rai is seen to be playing a dual role in the film: Queen Nandini and Mandakini Devi. The character of Queen Nandini is the princess of Pazhuvoor and is seeking vengeance.
The first part of the movie, Ponniyin Selvan released in 2022, was a record-breaking hit. It grossed over ₹500 crores at the global theatres. In Tamil Nadu, it broke the record of Kamal Hasan’s Vikram’s lifetime as the highest-grossing Tamil movie.
The trouble with the song Veera Veera:
Composure A. R. Rehman has produced songs for the film. One of the songs is called Veera Veera, and it has been surrounded by controversy. It is claimed to be a plagiarism.
- Ustad Wasifuddin Dagar has claimed that the tune is plagiarised and is taken from a shiv stuti of his uncle and father, the Dagar brothers.
- The makers of the film, Madras Talkies have fully denied the allegation of plagiarism. They refuse to claim that Veera Veera is a copy of the composition of the Dagar Brothers.
- They added that it is a composition created by Narayana Panditacharyan in the 13th century which is quite popular in this era.
- The madras talkies also said that the claim is misconceived and Wasifuddin Dagar was looking for monetary gain and publicity from this act.
The movie is a cinematic adaptation of Kalki Krishnamurthy’s book series of the same name. Ponniyin Selvan 2 is the sequel of Ponniyin Selvan released in 2022. Both parts are directed by Mani Ratnam. Just like the first part, this part is also successful and has grossed over ₹300 crores from global theatres screening.